Epic Chocolate Cookies are big and chewy and a wonderful variety of ingredients go into them. They won’t stay in your cookie jar for long.
I do love my chocolate and cookies. When they are mixed together as in this Epic Chocolate Cookies recipe it is divine. You would think there was a cookie jar in my house but, no. Not even this week when I am offering cookies back to back. We have a lot of gifts going out the door instead. Even though I make snacks and sweets with better choices for ingredients they are still fattening. There, I said that ugly word but it is true. There is only so much room in your stomach and if you are eating higher calorie foods instead of a more balanced group of foods you will gain weight. At least in my world because, truthfully, I don’t exercise enough. Man, all kinds of confessions are flowing out of me tonight. I love reality shows, I have a Type A personality and I don’t exercise enough. Now back to the important things in life – Epic Chocolate Cookies. They’re good!
Epic Chocolate Cookies
Epic Chocolate Cookies are big and chewy and a wonderful variety of ingredients go into them.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar organic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg replacer r prepared per your package instructions
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee flakes
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water to mix with the instant coffee
- 12 ounce chocolate chips divided 4 ounces and 8 ounces
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Mix the egg replacer according to your directions and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of the chocolate chips.
- Cool to room temperature.
- While this is cooling - mix the instant coffee and boiling water in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and the sugars. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the coffee mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg replacer mixture and the cooled melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture to this large bowl of all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in the remaining 8 ounces of chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons full onto ungreased baking sheet. Spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to sit 2 to 3 minutes until removing them to a rack to cool completely.
TO FREEZE: You may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/ They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.
Epic Chocolate Cookies