Vegan Chocolate Cookies are big & chewy. There's a surprise ingredient inside too. An easy and decadent dessert that won't stay in your cookie jar for long.
Don't you just love chocolate and cookies When they are mixed together as in this Vegan Chocolate Cookies recipe the combination is PERFECT.
You would think there was a cookie jar in my house but not right now. Not even this week when I am offering cookies back to back. We have a lot of cookie gifts going out the door instead.
Other impressive chocolate cookies include:
- Irish Cream Chocolate Cookies
- Chunky Triple Chocolate Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Let me show you a picture of the Irish Cream Chocolate Cookies. They are equally delicious.
Below you can see all of the beautiful ingredients right here. Dry ingredients and wet ingredients are combined to make a tasty dough that is also hard to resist.
Can you guess what all of the ingredients are? I'll come right out and tell you one because it's too hard to guess and that's the egg replacer. I used The Vegg and it is the yellow liquid ingredient in the small round bowl.
I usually use ground chia seed or flax seed meal but not this time around. We have so many choices these days. You, of course, can use any of your favorite egg replacer. It will work out perfectly for these Vegan Chocolate Cookies.
Now look in the photo below. That is the one holding the surprise ingredient. It's dark brown and not chocolate. I think you've got it. It's instant coffee granules.
If you're new to baking this is your chance to learn how coffee can make chocolate taste deeper and richer.
I hope you LOVE these chocolate cookies! They are:
- Rich in flavor
- and Easy to Make!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Want to try these Vegan Chocolate Cookies?
PIN IT to your Cookie or Dessert board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar organic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg replacer - prepared per your package instructions
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons boiling water to mix with the instant coffee
- 12 ounces chocolate chips divided 4 ounces and 8 ounces
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Mix the egg replacer according to your directions and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of the chocolate chips.
- Cool to room temperature.
- While this is cooling - mix the instant coffee and boiling water in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and the sugars. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the coffee mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg replacer mixture and the cooled melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture to this large bowl of all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in the remaining 8 ounces of chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons full onto an ungreased baking sheet. Spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to sit 2 to 3 minutes until removing them to a rack to cool completely.
You may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.