Easy as Chocolate Pie is decadent, to say the least, and it comes together in minutes. Let it set in the fridge then this No-Bake indulgence is a go!
There’s a new vegan cookbook in town. And … the recipes only take 20 minutes (or less)! You can stock your pantry and be on your way. There won’t be any wondering about what to cook tonight because it is all right there in this cookbook.
Robin Robertson is the author and I am so happy to have this cookbook added to my collection. Wonderful fast vegan recipes abound and I just might start at the beginning and work my way through.
That sounds like a plan!
Pretty cookbook, huh?
Easy as Chocolate Pie
Easy as Chocolate Pie is decadent, to say the least, and it comes together in minutes.
- 12 ounce bag vegan semisweet chocolate chips this is by weight not measurement
- 1/4 cup almond milk or other nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries cherries or blueberries (optional)
- 1 vegan chocolate cookie crust Keebler's is vegan-friendly
- Chocolate curls or chopped nuts for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, almond milk, and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring until the chocolate and coconut oil are melted.
- Stir in the nuts and dried fruit, if using, until well combined.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to the crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to firm up before serving.
- Garnish the top with chocolate curls or nuts.
I missed adding the berries and cherries because I didn't have any at the moment. I think the pie would be extra amazing with any one of them added. It would also bring up the height of the pie on the pie crust.
I can’t wait to make it with cranberries next time.
Robin’s cookbook is full of beautiful color photos also and here is a list of a few more very tempting recipes.
- Everyone’s Favorite Black Bean Chili
- Chipotle Corn Chowder
- BBQ Jack Sandwiches
- Artichoke Muffaleta Po Boys (next on my list)
- Giardiniera Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Grits with Greens and Smoky Shiitakes
- Peach-Blueberry Crumble
If you’d like to go over and check out Cook the Pantry on Amazon – Click here and you will be transported over.