Date Cranberry Breakfast Bars are mildly sweet and are packed full of taste and nutrients. You can have a whole pan turned out in no time.
Nowadays everyone seems to have a lot to do. Whether it be with a career, family, school, fun or just keeping up with technology.
Since most of us are also trying to be healthy it is a very nice alternative to have an easy to-go breakfast instead of pulling into a fast food restaurant.
When I am going out the door and know it will be hours before I will be home again it is nice to be able to pull a delicious breakfast out of the fridge or freezer. Many times it is breakfast and lunch.
These date cranberry breakfast bars are not too sweet and are packed full of taste and nutrients. Since they are so simple to make you can have a whole pan turned out in very little time. I hope you will get to try these bars and enjoy them over and over again. Just like me.
Date Cranberry Breakfast Bars
- Lightly oil a 8" x 8" square pan.
- Mix flour, oats, salt and oil in a medium bowl.
- Add cranberries and dates.
- Add the water and walnuts and mix well.
- Press into a 8" x 8" to fill out all the corners and make a connection with all the ingredients.
- Cut into squares before baking. By this I mean for you to press down with something like a metal pastry board scraper to make deep marks so that they are easy to cut apart without cracking after baking.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes.