Dairy Free So Delicious Date Shake has 3 ingredients, is fast and easy. The smooth caramel taste comes from dates & the shake is super creamy.
It’s that time of the year where we start lining up more outdoor activities and finding recipes for food and drink that will help keep us cool.
I’ve got a cool treat for you, right here! Creamy, caramely and cold.
The original #recipe comes from about the 1950’s and the date gardens in the Coachella Valley. If you were going to Palm Springs you probably had ‘get a date shake’ on your list of to-dos.
Now you can have one right in your own home and dairy free to boot.
Deglet Noor dates are the ones that are most commonly used for shakes because they give such a nice caramel flavor but you can sure use Medjool if you like. They are also delicious.
This recipe is quick and easy and that translates to less time in the kitchen and making smart choices for your plant based life.
A simple #vegan sweet treat that the whole family will absolutely love.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Let’s Get Connected!
Dairy Free So Delicious Date Shake
- 1/2 cup dates I used Deglet Noor
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk - unsweetened
- 16 ounces dairy free ice cream I used So Delicious Coconut Milk Vanilla frozen dessert
- Bring a 1/2 cup water to a boil. I used the microwave and then removed the bowl.
- Add dates to the hot water and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Add drained dates and dairy free milk to a blender.
- Blend until completely creamy.
- Add the whole 16 ounce carton of dairy free ice cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you need to poke down the ice cream as it churns - turn off the blender, poke, cover and then turn it back on.
- Enjoy your big absolutely delicious shake!
The coconuts used by #sodelicious are the highest quality organic and Non-GMO Project Verified coconuts.
It’s so hard to decide when you see the display in the freezer aisle and all the delicious varieties by @so_delicious.
I reigned myself in and concentrated on trying to just buy their one so delicious dairy free vanilla variety to help me make this perfect shake.
Well, I did buy two pints of vanilla bean because my husband is famous for wanting to eat my food before I can get pictures.
Truthfully, that makes me feel good. He even said it was one of the best shakes he had ever had.
I mean it really does help to have a great frozen dessert to start with. One where nothing compares and you’ll just have to try them to see for yourself. All of them 🙂