Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream is made with full fat coconut milk, the one that comes in a can. The best of all worlds – easy, chocolaty sweet and cold.
It’s summertime and the livin’ is easy. Well, maybe. It’s true, we’re all still working but our clothes are lighter in weight and there is a whole lot less of them.
Meals seem much more casual with fruit salads and tacos. There is a lot more al fresco dining and last but not least – there is ice cream.
This recipe is a little different in that it is Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream and the part that is not different is that it is amazingly delicious.
Last year I bought an ice cream maker way too late in the season. I only got two ice cream recipes going. Not this year!
First comes chocolate! It’s easy to dress up too. You can add so many ingredients to mix it up. Just stir in a little chocolate chips, crushed oreo cookies and any kind of nuts to name a few.
Me? I want it straight up!
This Chocolate Ice Cream is made with full fat coconut cream, the one that comes in a can, and is dairy-free and gluten-fee. The best of all worlds – easy, chocolaty, sweet and cold.
Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
- 26 ounces coconut milk - 2 cans about 13 ounces each - full fat usually about 17% to 22%
- 1 cup chocolate syrup - I used my homemade recipe - check link in iinstructions
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Make sure your Ice Cream Maker bowl has been in the freezer for about 18 hours.
- Take the ice maker bowl out of the freezer and put it in your ice cream maker.
- In a medium sized bowl add the coconut milk, chocolate syrup and maple syrup.You can make your own homemade chocolate syrup too.
- Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and let run for 20 minutes.
- All done!
- Eat immediately as a soft serve ice cream or put it in a refrigerator container and freeze for a hard ice cream.