Clean Chocolate Peanut Butter is a guilt free treat. Only 4 ingredients and a food processor. It’s literally a very few minutes and your work is done.
Ever since I saw Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter I have been wanting to tackle Chocolate Peanut Butter. Sweeten it with maple syrup and you have a winner. There are so many options for usability. Spread it on toast, dab it on appetizers like a nice vegan puff pastry disc, put it on vegan ice cream and, of course, a spoonful is always nice.
You must realize by now that I am a mapleholic. My sweetener go-to. You don’t need much to turn recipes into the perfect healthier sweet. It’s sort of like a curse. Granola recipe not just right. Add a little maple syrup. Perfect. A tequila drink that is a little too strong? Add a little maple syrup. Whoa! I’m all over the map.
Then there’s the chocolate. Need I say more? If someone tells me they don’t really like chocolate (one person in my life so far) all I can think of to say is “That’s cute.” My mind is blank and that’s all that comes out.
I use a Ninja food processor and it creams peanuts in no time at all. I suspect there are others that work as hard so have no fear on tackling Clean Chocolate Peanut Butter with whatever you have. This recipe is left a bit chunkier because I like it like that. Of course, feel free to process two or three minutes longer for an extra creamy smooth peanut butter.
Clean Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Use a food processor. It works so much more easily that a blender.
- If you have a strong food processor it will even go more quickly.
- Pour your peanuts into a food processor.
- First you will get chunky crumbs.
- Then it will start to stick together and to the sides of the processor. Turn off the processor and use a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Process for another 15 seconds and scrap again. Do this about 3-4 times.
- Now process a little longer in between when you scrap down the sides and the peanuts will start to heat up and release it's oil which helps make it become a peanut butter.
- In no time it will be creamy. I left mine a little chunky because I like it like this - sometimes. Go a little longer if you'd like creamy smooth. You are actually making peanut butter at this point.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Process until all is incorporated completely.
- You are done.
- Scoop into a jar with a tight fighting lid and eat whenever you want - like right now.
Well, what do you think? Not bad, heh? I understand your happiness. It is fast and fleeting so that you can move onto the next ‘big thing’ but it is all about the memories. And then you can make some more. Me too.