Cinnamon Sugar Cookies sweet goodness makes you smile as you are licking the cinnamon sugar off your lips.
The extra cinnamon in the sugar mixture is a real treat. Don’t get me wrong. I love sugar cookies as they are but with this little bit of extra coating – they become special.
Every bite brings the taste over your lips and they become lip smackin’ good.
Although Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are good year round, for some reason, they seem more festive to me. Maybe because of the spices.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Often I’ll just pull out my mixing bowls and wooden spoons though. I’ve got some sturdy ones.
Electic or by hand something you’ll need for sure is the measuring cups and spoons. This set has both and lots of sizes.
I could go on and on with the kitchen essentials to use with cookie recipes but I don’t want to overload your head. I want you to be able to dream about these cookies.
And make them too!
They are reminiscent of all the pies cooked over the holidays.
Uh, oh! I just thought of some other sugar cookies. These are Almond Sugar Cookies and they use almond flour and almond extract. Yeah, They’re pretty good at melting in your mouth too.
Why Use Organic Sugar?
Do you know sugar is refined by processing it through bone char?
It is! Organic sugar is not.
That is one reason why coconut sugar and maple syrup are also used to sweeten bakery goods.
That and that they are delicious.
So get your cutest apron on and let’s start baking!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
For the cookies:
- 1 cup sugar - organic
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer or 1 flax egg which is 1 Flaxseed Meal and 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar - organic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the topping of sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- I have a salt shaker that I keep this mixture in and it sprinkles very easily.
- Prepare the 'egg' and set aside.
- Cream the sugar with the dairy free butter, with a Hand Mixer until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, almond milk, vanilla and prepared egg replacer or flax egg.
- Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Use a Cookie Scoop and make 1" to 1-1/2" balls.
- Only put about 6 to 8 on a cookie sheet and 2" apart. They really spread.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375° for 7 minutes.
- Do not overbake because you want them nice and soft-ish on the center.
- Immediately sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the hot cookies.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
You may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article [Preparing Food for the Freezer
They defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.