Chunky Triple Chocolate Cookies are a little bit fancy and a lotta bit delicious. Cocoa, chips and chunks. You have to have chocolate!
Bake sales are so much fun, in every aspect, including the making, giving, trading and eating of cookies. The varieties are endless and I mean that since I am continually seeing new recipes that blow my mind.
We all have our traditional family favorites but there is always a new recipe that creeps in. How about adding a big fat chocolate cookie to your recipe cards this year. You gotta have chocolate.
My sister called and said that she and my niece are making lots of cookies over the next couple of days. I already saw one on Instagram.
That was the ‘Snowball Cookie’ out of an old cookbook called Martha Logan Home Economist. Love those old cookbooks!
There are four of us siblings and between all of us we could create The Kay Family Cookbook Library. One day that is going to be created. It’s on my list. 🙂
I also have many nieces and nephews that love to cook and bake. It’s gotta be in the genes.
Chunky Triple Chocolate Cookies might just become a family favorite for you too.
Chunky Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 chia egg, 1 egg equals 1 tablespoon chia flour and 3 tablespoons water - chia flour directions below
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate, chunked
- Mix the chia egg and set aside. – A chia egg is actually made with chia seed meal/flour not the bare seed. The way you make meal/flour is by grinding the chia seed in a processor such as one for your coffee beans or a spice grinder. I use mine to strictly grind seeds so that I do not mix flavors. Grind until it is a fine meal. I do about 4 ounces at a time and keep it in a little freezer safe canning jar – in the freezer. When I need a Tablespoon or so it is all ready to go.
- Lay a silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flours, cocoa powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. A few minutes.
- Add the chia egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the both chocolates.
- Use a tablespoon do drop large scoops (or used a 2? cookie scoop) onto the parchment paper – 3? apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on a cookie rack.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or two and enjoy.