Chunky Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream is a frozen dessert bonanza with lots of chunks and swirls. Made from scratch and very simple – from start to finish.
Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream is a frozen dessert bonanza with lots of chunks and swirls. Last year I bought my first time ever ice cream maker.
I remember when I was little that my parents had one where they used rock salt and a wooden ice cream maker with a hand crank. It was a fun get together activity but you had to really watch that the rock salt did not get into the ice cream.
I don’t know how that happens – I think it just comes up over the top and gets mixed in. I told you I was really little. The reason I remember the rock salt so well was because at one party I got the first bite. It was a cold bite of salt. Shock!
Well, those were the good old days but today when we use ice cream makers you get a nice cold sweet bite of heaven. Every time. Really easily.
Ice cream made with coconut milk turns out a luscious beautiful creamy concoction. You truly do not need dairy milk and cream to make ice cream. You can use coconut cream.
I know most of the cans say coconut milk but in actuality it is coconut cream and once in a while the can will say so. The can always says what percent is milk fat – that is coconut milk fat. I hope you jump right on this recipe so you can get a sweet fresh amazingly wonderful dessert.
If you would like to make your own homemade Maple Peanut Butter then click on over to the recipe and make some magic. Made from scratch from the very beginning and it does not take long at all.
Chunky Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 27 Ounces Coconut Milk , 2 cans about 13.5 oz. each 17% full fat
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Chunky Maple Peanut Butter mkae sure you have this frozen already so that you can complete your ice cream quickly
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- You will need an ice cream maker.
- Freeze the bowl that goes in the ice cream maker for at least 18 hours.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pre chilled ice cream bowl.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Turn on your machine and let it go 20 minutes.
- While this is churning, chunk your frozen maple peanut butter.
- Add the maple peanut butter chunks, to the ice cream, through the top shoot and let churn another 5 to 10 minutes.
- The ice cream will be like soft serve but if you want it hard to scoop as in my photos then pour the ice cream into a freezer safe glass or plastic container that has a tight lid. Freeze for about 6 hours.
- You can also let it partially freeze - maybe 2 hours and then scoop out balls with your ice cream scoop. Then put those balls back in your freezer container. It will be much easier to get out scoops when it is hard.