Chunky Chickpea Dip is a different version of hummus. Complementary and subtle, the flavor combinations are perfect.
Here’s a dip that all ages will love. Chunky Chickpea Dip is made from scratch so it is extremely economical too. It makes over 5 cups of dip and freezes really well too.
Football season is almost here so you’ll be needing a good recipe you can pull out in a pinch. The beans are cooked and then coarsley chopped in a food processor before any ingredients are added.
Super simple and fail proof. Any chips, crackers or vegetables will go well with this dip. It is served in this photo with ancient grain crackers but I would also have some pita chips and a dish of carrots and cauliflower right next to it.
Another different type of hummus that you should try is the Best Kalamata Hummus. You could even serve two dips, at the same time, that are very different from each other.
Easy entertaining that goes a long way!
Chunky Chickpea Dip
Chunky Chickpea Dip is a different version of hummus. A few ingredients that are complementary, subtle and perfect.
The night before cooking:
Place beans in a very large pot or bowl.
- Cover with about 12 cups of water.
- Let soak on the counter overnight.
To prepare beans:
Drain beans and place in a pot that has a lid and cover with fresh water by about 3 inches.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat to medium and simmer, covered partially for about 2 hours.
- Stir a couple of times during cooking time but make sure the temperature keeps at a good simmer.
- They are finished when you can squish a bean with your fingers.
- Drain and finely chop the beans in a food processor.
Add the ground beans to a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients - except the oil.
- Stir very well.
You will not process again that is why you need to get the beans pretty fine when you chopped them before.
- If it seems too thick for dipping add some more vegetable broth - a little at a time. You could also add a tablespoon of oil.
Serve warm or at room temperature with chips and veggies of your choice.