Chocolate Truffles with a Berry Cordial is something special and I am like ‘Quick. Quick. Share it!’
There is also a touch of maple syrup for a little sweetness. Is your heart going pitter patter yet? Who doesn’t have a passion for chocolate and berries!
These truffles are not too sweet but very rich. Roll them in any topping that you like but I rolled my in a varety of toppings. Yeah, I couldn’t decide. From left to right in the photo below there is maple sugar (I found it at Cracker Barrel Restaurant), unsweetened coconut flakes and ground almonds. I have also used date sugar too. Very simple to make and so very special.
Connect with Vegan in the Freezer
Chocolate Truffles with Berry Cordial
For the chocolate balls
- 9.7 oz . block of semi sweet 62% cacao dark chocolate - I have also used bittersweet 70% cacao and it is also great.
- 4 ounces plain nondairy cream cheese 1/2 half of the little carton
- 1 tablespoon Chambord liqueur
- 1 tablespoon soy creamer with or without vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the toppings:
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of any topping that you would like to use.
- I used crushed almonds unsweetened coconut flakes and date sugar. Any crushed nut would be good and coconut sugar also works great.
- Prepare a 8" x 8" pan or 9" x 9" pan by laying a piece of foil inside - pressed to all sides.
- Set aside.
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces for melting.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate over simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Be careful not to get any water in the chocolate.
- When melted remove the pan of chocolate from the double boiler.
- Stir in the chambord, syrup, creamer and stir well until completely mixed.
- Add the plain cream cheese and stir well until completely incorporated.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Check the hardness after 30 minutes because the hardening will depend on the depth of the bowl.
- Use a small scoop to scoop out the balls. I used a melon scoop for small truffles (if the mixture is too soft it will be a mess and if the mixture is too hard it will be hard to remove balls of chocolate).
- Roll the balls in the palms of your hands to get as smooth as possible.
- The coatings will hide imperfections.
- Put the balls back into the refrigerator to get hard again - about 1/2 hour.
- Roll each ball in a topping of your choice.
- Keep in the refrigerator when not being served.