Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies with chocolate pieces and cranberries. Can you imagine all of those flavors in one bite? So good!
Can you believe this is the first brownie recipe I have created for my blog? I suppose I was waiting for the inspiration for something different and delectable.
It came to me in a dream. Not really, but it did pop in my head – out of nowhere.
Chocolate pieces and cranberries make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies extra special. Can you imagine all of those flavors in one bite?
I always love chocolate and peanut butter together and throwing in some cranberries just seems right. Kind of like having your chocolate brownie with a glass of red wine.
Can Regular Flour be Used Instead of Whole Wheat Four?
Yes, actually always. Sometimes in an effort to cut down a bit on white flour, the measurements change to 50/50.
You can switch ou the whole measurement though and it will be delicious.
Then when you add chocolate chips into the brownie you get that extra crunch when taking that delicious bite. Not a nut crunch but a chocolate crunch.
I’m thinking that you were looking for brownies more than chocolate when you came across this recipe. May I show you some more?
Crazy Brownies are crazy baby. You’ve got to check out the ingredients. Let me show you these moist chocolate brownies before I tempt you some more.
Why not dress up brownies with a swirl of icing on the chocolate? Chocolate on chocolate equals Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake Brownies!
There are at least three more brownie recipes on this blog and I just love them. Take the first step and make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies first.
It’s a great first step.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water this equals two eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the flax seed meal and the water together and then set aside to gel (the gelling will only take minutes).
- Butter a 8" Square Baking Pan with vegan butter.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large bowl use a Hand Mixer and beat the oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and flax seed meal mixture together.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour mixture - half at a time.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Turn into the prepared baking pan and smooth out evenly to all edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Light and moist and delicious. If you are making these ahead of time for an occasion you can freeze them.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or two and enjoy.