I must admit that I am having a lot of fun making all of these sweets to satisfy my husband and the senior center. There is no way that I would be making a batch or two of cookies or muffins every week in real life. Even though I use the most healthy ingredients I can find I am sure it would not be good for anyone to be eating this much sweets. There would be no room for a plant based, whole grain life. But since I get to give most of it away – it is fun. Today’s indulgence is chocolate and very chocolaty Chocolate Cake Cookies at that. A few ingredients and these cookies are chewy like a cookie but still very cake like on the inside. Whoever invented the concept of cookies was a very smart person.
Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Lightly oil cookie sheets.
- Mix your egg replacer and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg mixture and mix through.
- Stir in soy milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Mix well.
- Add the nuts and mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator from one hour to overnight.
- Drop heaping teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets - 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400• for 8 minutes.
- After they have cooled keep them in a cool dry place or the refrigerator or the freezer.
Recipe NotesTO FREEZE: After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/ They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.