Swirly Chocolate Bark with Mini Raisins is a special favorite. Simple to make and decadent in taste this candy may look like bark but tastes like heaven.
I have a little bit of a dilemma. There is too much food in this house for me to eat. My cooking has filled our freezer to the gills.
This has been mentioned before but my husband is a down home picky eater. That means no spices, herbs or condiments. No dressings, vinegars, pickles, olives, tapenades, onions, garlic, etc.
Thank goodness he likes vegetables! I just can’t season them with too may things. Hahaha! Yes, I have my own pot of vegetables. It’s full of spices!
Thank goodness he’ll eat the majority of my sweets and breads. No bean burger for him though. Beans, yes but not as a burger. I can go on and on.
He’s in great shape and eats other healthy foods but they are way too limited for my blog. So I figured out I could still satisfy myself and my blog if I donate extras to the senior center downtown.
It’s wonderful. I love those people down there and they love my food. You should see the greetings I get. Especially when I sneak a couple dozen cookies out of the house or some Swirly Chocolate Bark with Raisins.
So here I go mixing and creating and donating and feeding. It’s a wonderful life.
Chocolate Bark with Mini Raisins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- When the chocolate has melted remove from heat.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour onto the prepared pan and spread out to about 1/4 inch thick. It doesn't have to be neat.
- Place the white chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Just heat 15 seconds at a time the stir as best you can. It can burn easily.
- Dot the melted white chocolate in blobs on top of the melted chocolate. Take the end of a skewer or toothpick and swirl back and forth and up and down in a swirly motions to achieve an attractive design..
- Let set until it hardens.
- Remove from parchment and break into chunks. Serve at room temperature.