Chili Pasta Casserole is a nice comforting dish that is easy to make and will be enjoyed by the whole family. Easily doubled for a large gathering too.
Chili Pasta Casserole is a nice comforting dish that is easy to make and will be enjoyed by the whole family. Bring back the family meal with pasta and beans all mixed together with even more enhancing ingredients.
It all comes together when baked in a casserole.
I forget about casseroles and they are so handy. Not only are the majority of casseroles easy but there are usually leftovers just because of the sheer volume.
It is very gratifying when I hear – “This is good!” – even if it is through a mouthful of food.
Dinners can be very hard to come up with on a day to day basis especially with everything else that goes on in our lives. This is nothing new.
I can remember my mom having trouble every once in a while and that was before cellular phones were added into the equation. Talking and texting can be a real time suck but in searching for a recipe for dinner the internet can be an angel.
Just so you don’t have to go searching for a second meal for the week you might want to check out Vegan Pizza Pasta Sauce with Rigatoni.
Now that I am an adult I’m thinking back to my favorite meals from mom and they were the simple ones. Breakfast for dinner – loved it! Creamed ‘whatever’ on toast – loved it! Chili size – loved it!
It’s funny the simple meals we remember. Well, here is a meal your family can remember too. Don’t forget to put the ingredients on your shopping list so you can make it soon. Chili Pasta Casserole is that good!
Chili Pasta Casserole
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta
- 15 ounces kidney beans - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn - 1 can, drained and rinsed, or 1 ear of corn shucked and cut from the cob
- 1 cup roma tomatoes - about 3 Roma's, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup grated vegan cheddar type cheese
- Drizzle the oil into a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute about 5 minutes watching so that the garlic does not burn.
- Remove from heat.
- While the onion is sauteeing cook the rotelle pasta as directed on the package until cooked al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- To a large bowl add the cooked onion and garlic, drained kidney beans, the drained (or fresh) corn, diced tomatoes, chili powder, ground cumin and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the cooked pasta and lightly toss until well incorporated.
- Lightly oil a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Pour the chili pasta mixture into a 9×13 dish.
- Spread it out evenly with a spatula and sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes at the stove or at the table.
Enjoy the food and the compliments! This can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger gathering too.