Chia Waffle Cones are mildly sweet and will hold as much ice cream as you want. Sturdy yet tender cones are made in an easy to find waffle cone maker.
Here we go again! Something I thought I would never be able to make. I didn’t have any ‘ice cream’ for the beginning of this recipe creation so I had to eat them like a snack. No complaining here!
Tender and sturdy all at the same time the cones taste delicious with just a hint of sweetness. Ground chia seed is incorporated as the ‘egg’ so you get an extra helping of nutrients, protein and fiber along the way.
My husband is impressed with how magical I am. He hasn’t the faintest idea what I do in the kitchen whether for the blog or dinner but whatever it is – he likes it.
Click here to get the recipe for my Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream. You won’t be sorry and the recipe for the cones is on this page, right below.
Chia Waffle Cones featuring Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Make your chia egg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the Waffle Cone appliance and preheat to medium.
- Add the salt to the chia egg.
- Beat in the sugar for about one minute.
- Add the flour and beat until well combined.
- Add the melted vegan butter and stir until well blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter in the center of the hot iron.
- Bake for 1 minute then check for proper color. Cook an additional few seconds if necessary.
- If you would like your cones darker turn up the knob one number.
- Quickly remove the waffle from the appliance onto a clean cloth towel.
- You have to work fast to get the cone to set in it's shape before it hardens.
- That happens quickly.
- Use the cloth to help lift and roll the waffle around the cone form.
- Hold the cone a few seconds to set its shape then place on a wire rack to cool.
- All ready to fill with cool cold deliciousness.