Creamy Cauliflower Soup is so delicious. Warm and creamy with the sweetness of carrots and corn added for texture. Easy, beautiful and satisfying!
Comfort food comes in all shapes and forms but I think soup is one of the most comforting. This dairy free flavorful soup is special to the extreme.
Very satisfying in terms of flavor and elegance and you really should not miss making this cauliflower soup.
I used a blender to cream the ingredients before adding the carrots and corn. The extra vegetables really weren’t needed but it does make a pretty picture and carrots and corn aren’t a bad thing. 🙂 How could I resist.
So whip out your veggies and blender. Be proud of your growing expertise because you just might become known for your Creamy Cauliflower Soup.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Carrots
Creamy Cauliflower Soup is so delicious. Warm and creamy with the sweetness of carrots and corn added for texture.
- 1 head cauliflower - broken into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion - white, chopped
- 1 cup potato - chopped in large chunks
- 1 1/2 cups carrots - cut in thin discs
- 3 ears corn on the cob - about 1 cup, cut from the cob
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Put the vegetable broth into a large saucepan.
- Add the potato and cauliflower and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- They will both be done when you can pierce them with a fork.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a large skillet and heat to medium low.
- Add the onions and saute 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute 2 more minutes.
- Do not brown to keep the soup very white.
- While these are cooking, add the carrot to a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and cook on low 5 more minutes.
- When the cauliflower and potato pieces are done take the pot off the heat and let set in the liquid to cool. The liquid will be used so do not drain.
- If you put hot liquids into the blender they may 'explode' out of the top of the blender so let cool.
- I think everyone has done this one time or another.
- Blend 1/3rd of the broth, cauliflower, potato mixture and all of the onion and garlic mixture in a blender until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Blend another 1/3rd of the broth, cauliflower and potato mixture in the blender until smooth. Pour into the same large bowl.
- Blend the last 1/3rd of the broth, cauliflower and potato mixture in the blender until smooth
- Return all of the blended soup back to the large pot.
- Add the white wine, cooked carrot and corn and the salt and pepper.
- Heat through and taste to make sure the salt and pepper seasoning is how you like it.
- Serve with a crusty bread.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost. The night of serving - Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. Ready to serve.