Cashew Rice Bowl has an Asian Flare that satisfies your cravings. A nice bowl of comfort food is just right for family and friends.
Cashew Rice Bowl has an Asian Flare that satisfies your cravings. Los of texture and flavor will keep you diving in for the next bite.
A nice bowl of comfort food is just right for family and friends and this one is super easy.
Are you one of those neighbors who help out their friends and bring over dishes when someone is ill? Me too. The food can be ready to eat that night or prepared so that the meal can be put in the freezer for a future night.
I thought I'd create a virtual visit with a delicious recipe that anyone could share with a friend or neighbor when they were in need.
This is a tasty and super simple recipe that I thought would be a good meal to make for any friend. It is a little bit different because of the Asian flavors and it keeps really really well. In the fridge and freezer.
There are only seven ingredients included and it amazes me of how much flavor there is. Cashews always add a nice accent for texture and taste. You can use roasted cashews if you are looking for even more seasonings.
Another great comfort food to make for a friend is some type of stew. Vegan White Bean Stew also freezes really well so you might want to add that to your list too.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your delicious rice bowl I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you'd like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Cashew Rice Bowl
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion - chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper - chopped
- 8 ounces rice - uncooked
- 4 ounces mushrooms - chopped
- 4 ounces cashews
- 4 tablespoons tamari - soy sauce, wheat free and very similar to soy sauce and kids love it
- Pre-cook the rice in a rice cooker or in any of your favorite ways. I use 2 cups water to 1 cup of rice in my rice cooker.
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat to medium.
- Saute the onion and bell peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook about 10 minutes. A lot of liquid will cook out of the mushrooms. That is just natural.
- Add the cooked rice and cashews.
- Fry over medium heat for about 3 minutes to heat through.
- Add the tamari sauce and heat through for another 2 minutes.
Serve as a side dish or as a main dish.
This rice dish freezes really well. Just pack it into any of your favorite freezer dishes. It will keep for up to 3 months.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
It actually defrosts very quickly so you can just set it in the refrigerator to defrost overnight.
Heat in either a skillet with a little oil or heat and stir in the microwave.