Carrot Applesauce Muffins are reminiscent of Carrot Cake without the icing. Sweet and light all by themselves. You will truly enjoy them as a breakfast or dessert. They are so easy to make that everything gets put in one bowl and mixed together. Period. It is also one of those recipes that is fun to make with children or new cooks. Pulse the carrots in a food processor before combining and the little pieces will be just right. Make a batch of these muffins and enjoy them anytime.
Carrot Applesauce Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lightly oil muffin tin to hold 12 muffins.
- Mix the egg replacer with the water and set aside.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Below I have a picture of all the ingredients in a bowl. Do not mix together like this. Use the order I have listed in the directions.
- Add the applesauce, egg replacer and oil and blend until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Divide the dough evenly between 12 muffin tins..
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- TO FREEZE:
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.