Broccoli Tofu Quiche is full of veggies and ready in under an hour. A special dinner that reheats perfectly. Can be baked in a springform pan or a pie plate.
In our busy lives, it's hard to have the time to make a special and impressive dinner. Those are usually saved for the holidays.
Well, here is a dinner that is good for any time of the year.
You'll get ooohs and ahhhs no matter when it's served and it can all be done in under an hour. There is some preparation time but then you just slide it in the oven and away it goes.
If your forte is baking you can absolutely make a pie crust from scratch but I choose to use dairy free pre-packaged pie crusts just to cut some of the time. They come in a pack of two and all ready to go.
Flavor abounds with at least 6 vegetables, spices and so much more. I have this tofu quiche as a serving for 8 but you may just want another half a slice or more. It's that good!
Broccoli is such a versatile vegetable and it can go along with so many flavors. Besides melding with great ingredients in this elegant vegan quiche another broccoli recipe on the blog is completely different.
Veggie Stuffed Pasta Shells have broccoli inside with a nice marinara sauce. You may just want to check that out later.
A pie plate would work perfectly too so don't hesitate to bake it up as a 10" pie. It'll taste just as delicious.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How Do You Cook Broccoli?
Steam, Boil, Sauté and you can even eat it Raw.
I almost always steam my broccoli when we are going to eat it as a pure vegetable with just some seasoning. After the water starts to boil, cover, turn down the heat and steam about 10 minutes.
When you boil broccoli you add the florets to rapidly boiling water, along with salt, and boil for just about 2 minutes. Then remove with a slotted spoon and season to your liking.
This recipe calls for sautéing and it is capital D - Delicious.
Broccoli Tofu Quiche
- 1 package pie crust with 2 crusts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced - one small red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, inner stalks cut into cubes and florets cut into bites
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 8 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces tofu, extra firm, pressed
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup homemade quiche cheese, see directions below
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Ingredients for the quiche cheese:
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw and soaked from 2 hours to overnight
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the quiche cheese and set aside. Directions below.
- Heat oil in a skillet to medium heat.
- Add baby spinach and cook until it is wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and broccoli and saute about 10 to 15 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and heat through. Turn out into a large mixing bowl.
- Break the tofu into a blender and add dairy free milk, quiche cheese, turmeric, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Blend as smooth as possible.
- Add the blended mixture to the sauted vegetables and mix well.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Cover with the second pie crust and crimp the edge. If you've used a springform pan just lay the crust over the top in which you have already made a rolled edge.
- Bake the quiche at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
To Make the Quiche Cheese:
- Add all of the cheese ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium high heat stirring - most of the time. It will thicken and become a bit stretchy. If it seems too thick to combine with the quiche ingredients then you can add a drop of water at a time.