Black Cherry Banana Cake is light and moist with mild fruity flavors. You will have an easy and delicious snacking cake in under 45 minutes.
Plant powered nutrition is not new in our house and even though my husband is not vegan he is extremely healthy and enjoys healthy food. It was so exciting when I heard about this new yogurt alternative from Silk.
A new healthy snack that is smooth, creamy and delicious is something to get excited about. Now you can have a delicious new treat as well as a new baking aid. Check out how perfect it is for baking in this recipe.
Black Cherry Banana Cake
- 1 non dairy egg - I use a chia egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 container black cherry non dairy yogurt alternative 5.3 oz.
- 3 Tablespoons non dairy milk of your choice
- 1 banana mashed which equals about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 9" square baking pan.
- Mix your non dairy egg according to package directions. I use a chia egg which is 1 Tablespoon chia flour and 3 Tablespoons water. To make the flour you need to grind chia seeds to a fine meal. The flour keeps perfectly in the freezer for future use.
- In a large bowl add the flours, sugar, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl add the prepared non dairy egg, Black Cherry Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, non dairy milk, mashed banana, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9" baking pan. Spread smoothly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a rack to cook completely.
- Cut into squares to enjoy!
Recipe NotesTO FREEZE:
After the cake has cooled you may freeze it in freezer safe containers.
The squares defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 10 seconds.
Not bad, heh? Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative has made it’s way into the stores. I checked it out and saw that it has real fruit with no artificial flavors or color. There are more flavors so besides eating right out of the carton you have lots of additions for creative recipes.
The other flavors I read about are strawberry, blueberry, vanilla and peach & mango. I also had the tropical-pineapple and made a Sugar Free Tropical Bundt Cake with it and that is on another post.
This Black Cherry Banana Cake is great for breakfast too. I hope you’ll get to make it!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.