When I first moved out of my parents house I began to cook and bake for myself. It seemed like all my friends got their own places around the same time. There was always a get together or party going on. For some reason and I – can remember it so clearly – everyone had a banana bread recipe. I must admit they all looked great and tasted delicious. Well, here is my updated version with the addition of dates and then cut into squares from an 8″ x 8″ pan. Really simple to make and as I sit at breakfast with my Banana Bread Square I think life is good and I can see clearly that these are my future ‘good old days’.
Banana Bread Squares
- Lightly oil an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together but do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared square pan.
- Bake at 375• for 30 minutes.
- Told ya it was easy.
- Cool in the pan on a rack and then cut into squares.
- TO FREEZE:
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 10 seconds.