Baba Ghanoush Dip is normally in a pretty good size bowl along with a big bowl of sturdy chips like pitas. Now the party can begin.
A classic in many countries Baba Ghanoush Dip is unique , easy to make and very versatile. It is fun to make because you actually get to do something that you don’t do to often – roast vegetables. This time it is eggplant.
I like to add more lemon, garlic and salt though. Dish up a pretty good size bowl and serve with a big bowl of chips like pitas. It is also wonderful served with other veggies like red bell peppers, cauliflower and carrots.
Yeah, now the party can begin. The flavors make everyone happy at our house and I think you will get some happiness when you try it too.
Baba Ghanoush Dip
A classic in many countries Baba Ghanoush Dip is unique , easy to make and very versatile.
- 2 eggplants about 1-1/2 to 2 lbs
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped - small to medium sized cloves, cut back if you're not into garlic
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°
Lay the eggplant on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Slash the eggplant a couple of times across the skin to keep it from exploding in the oven.
- Slide the eggplants into the oven and roast about 40 minutes at 425°. Turn them over with tongs halfway through. The eggplant will collapse a bit and char.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and let sit about 15 to 20 minutes to cool down.
- Peel the eggplant, cut off the ends and discard.
- Put the eggplant, garlic and tahini into a food processor and blend.
- It will a tiny bit chunky - not smooth but almost. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend some more and serve.
- Delish with a chunky cracker and as always - with pita chips.
IF FREEZING: Let cool to room temperature. Pack in rigid sided containers and place in the freezer. Can be frozen for 4 months. TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight or all day. Zap it in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to take the chill off. Serve with pita chips.