Asian Noodle Kale Salad is fast, refreshing and tasty! The homemade Ponzu salad dressing works well as a marinade also.
Are you like me and like every vegetable in the world? I am trying to think of something I don’t like. Oh, I just thought of one. Don’t hate me. My eyes are squeezed tight and I am going to just spit it out. Beets!
Okay, okay, okay … I’m smiling but let’s get back to kale and fresh pasta salads. Asian Noodle Kale Salad to be more specific.
Udon noodles are a perfect salad pasta. My husband is the pasta king and he even tries to call them wūdōngmiàn. What? Nobody can say that! I guess in China they can but udon sounds kinda cool so I’m sticking to udon.
They are a little thicker and really fun to dive into with chopsticks. Easy to grab and better to taste.
Asian Noodle and Kale Salad
- 10 ounces udon noodles
- 1 cup carrot , julienned
- 1 cup red bell pepper . julienned
- 1/3 up green onions , (scallions), julienned
- 2 cups kale 1/2 bunch, , center stem cut out and then chopped into smaller pieces
- Make the dressing:
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together. Taste for seasoning and chill in the refrigerator.
- For the salad:
- Cook the udon noodles according to directions, al dente. Drain and let cool.
- Lightly steam the kale for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Rinse to cool and stop the cooking process. It will be bright and green and wilted.
- In a large bowl add the noodles, julienned vegetables, kale and the salad dressing.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
Asian Noodle Kale Salad and Ponzu Sauce
Even though it is good to have skills and be able to make your own dressings Ponzu sauce is also sold in grocery stores. You might want to have it on hand at all times like your favorite salad dressing. The flavor is mildly fruity and it adds a fresh clean flavor to this wonderful salad, Asian Noodle Kale Salad.