Apple Waffles are perfect for that special morning when you want to have something out of the ordinary. Loaded with apple on the inside!
Apples are the perfect food. They come in multiple colors, flavors, and degrees of crispness. Apples are full of nutrients and extremely rich in important antioxidants.
I could do a whole article on just talking about their health benefits but let's just call them what they are and by their second name. Miracle Food.
Watch Apple Waffles Being Made in a Belgian Waffle Iron too. Right Here in a Video!
Now, when it comes to recipes they run the gamut from appetizers to desserts. Nothing can stop the apple.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
I was curious to see how many recipes I have on the blog with apple inside. So I counted.
Check out the muffins!
Not syrup sweet but the apple will come through more clearly and that will be your sweetness. Sounding healthy? Not bad at all and delicious.
Let cool to room temperature and put in a freezer bag and place in the freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of the fridge and let defrost a couple of hours and heat in the toaster. Serve with syrup of your choice.
Apple Waffles with Grated Apple on the Inside
- 2 egg substitutes - I used chia eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ - you can use all purpose flour instead
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 2/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup apple - peeled, cored, and grated. I used Granny Smith
- Mix the egg substitute according to package directions or mix chia or flax meal eggs. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add flour, wheat germ, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the dairy free milk, grated apple and vanilla and mix well. Let rest while the waffle iron is heating.
- Add some waffle mix to the middle of the waffle maker and let flow out naturally. Waffle makers are different sizes but it will probably be about 1/2 cup.
- Continue cooking the waffles until the mixture is gone.
- You can certainly eat the waffles now but they will keep in the fridge for about 4 days. They heat great in a toaster.