Apple Granola Muffins are easy and delicious. These fruity moist muffins are healthier and sweetened just right for breakfast or a snack. Everyone loves them!
Apple Granola Muffins are healthy and delicious. I never met an apple, muffin or granola that I didn’t like so this seemed like a home run from the get-go.
Apple is finely diced so the chunks are understated and applesauce brings more apple flavor through. It seems like I try to work apples into a lot of recipes.
They’re just so friggin’ good!
You can choose your favorite whether it includes other dried fruits or not. I used cereal granola, not trail mix granola. Both would work great.
In fact, have you ever made your own granola? I just happen to have a delicious recipe on the blog and it’s called Date Bar Granola. Here’s a pic!
If you want bigger muffins this batter works for those also. Just fill up the tins more. You won’t get as many muffins but they will be a bigger serving. Whatever muffin tins you have work with this recipe.
Since super moist muffins are always welcome bake up a batch of Apple Granola Muffins and you will be glad you did.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Apple Granola Muffins
- Lightly oil muffin tin for 12 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, add the flours, baking powder, baking soda and all the spices and coconut sugar..
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Stir until just blended.
- Add diced apple and granola.
- Mix until just incorporated.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article How to prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
They defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.