Almond Crescents are crazy good cookies. Finely ground almonds and old fashioned rolled oats make them very special.
Almond Crescents have been one of my favorite cookies for many years. They were at one of our family gatherings and I never forgot them.
Over the years I have found that this is one of those cookies that has many different reditions as with my Mexican Wedding Cookies recipe. One thing I didn’t do is put in anise. That has a black licorice flavor that I just don’t like. So anise deleted.
The almonds are very finely ground before they go in the batter. A twist that makes this recipe crazy good is that there are also old fashioned oats on the inside.
- In a large bowl beat the vegan butter, organic powdered sugar and the vanilla extract, with a hand mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Add the oats and almonds. Mix well.
- Shape into little long logs and then place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- After they are placed on the sheet curve them into little crescents.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks.
- With a fine sieve, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the tops while the cookies are still warm.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve or refrigerate or freeze.
If serving later you may need to re-sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving. You will definitely need to re-sprinkle after freezing. Nothing wrong with that. Ha!