Vegan Refrigerator Cookies are easy and you can have the almond butter cookie dough in the refrigerator or freezer to be cooked at your will.
When I think of refrigerator cookies it makes me think of the 1950’s. I don’t know why but I can just see a young woman wearing an apron with her hair just perfect. Of course, she is smiling and her oven is enameled green.
Well, today I became ‘Vivian’ through osmosis and made Vegan Refrigerator Cookies. I had to update it somehow so I used almond butter instead of peanut butter.
Of course, back then I would be taking them to our church bake sale but today they are going to the senior center. My heart belongs to seniors.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your crispy and chewy cookies I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Almond Butter Refrigerator Cookies
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl - at medium speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the almond butter and mix it.
- Add the prepared egg replacers and mix in.
- Add the dry ingredients and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Split dough in half.
- Lay on a large piece of waxed paper that is about 18" long.
- Roll into a log that is about 2" in diameter.
- Each log will be about 12" to 15" long - depending how well you split the dough in half.
- Roll up in the wax paper and fold in the ends. Put in the refrigerator to harden up.
- At this point you could put the dough in a freezer bag and freeze for the future.
- If you are making the cookies today or within 3 days you can just put them in the refrigerator.
- You may take out one of the rolls to slice as soon as two hours.
- Cut the cookies into about 1/4" to 1/2" slices. Depending how wide you want then to spread.
- I made big cookies so was closer to 1/2".
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let set about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.