I really look forward to my ‘sweets day’ when I get to bake. It is quite a challenge being a vegan and not cooking with dairy. A challenge that I take on whole heartily because it still all tastes so good. I still havn’t conquered a cake with height and lightness but I will get there. Today I decided to make something that is both simple and sweet – Almond Butter Cookies. Only four ingredients and you get to take advantage of almond butter instead of peanut butter. Delicious!
Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Egg Replacer prepared according to your box instructions - or use any egg substitute that you like
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- I use a silpat or some such baking pad when I bake these cookies so that the bottoms don't get too dark.
- You can grease a cookie sheet if you don't have a silpat but the bottoms will be a darker color than the tan almond color.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Roll into balls.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Too Easy!
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- That's it!
- After they have cooled keep them in a cool dry place or the refrigerator or the freezer.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer/
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.