Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Vegan Ranch - firm, high protein tofu coated in almond flour, vegan chickpea eggs, and savory spices, paired with a smooth, creamy vegan ranch made with vegan mayo, non-dairy milk of your choice, spices, and lemon juice for a tangy, crispy meal or snack.
If you are on the hunt for a delicious tofu nugget recipe to add to your dinner rotations, look no further! These tofu bites are tasty, simple to make, vegan, AND they are made in the air fryer. These nuggets are paired with a creamy, homemade vegan ranch. How can you top that? These are sure to become a new favorite in your household. They make a great dinner entree, salad topping, or even an on-the-go, protein-packed snack.
Is anyone else as in love with their air fryer as I am? I love that I can cook almost any food with it and it turns out delicious and crispy on the outside, tasting just like it’s fried, but without all of the fat content. I’ve found that tofu is one of my favorite things to air-fry. The texture turns out so crispy, and the taste is very savory. These air-fried, vegan tofu nuggets are a delicious meal or snack for kids and adults alike. Just chop your tofu, toss it in the almond flour and spices, and air fry them. While they’re cooking, mix together your vegan ranch, and you have a yummy, vegan dinner that’s ready to eat!
Why You’ll Love Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
- It’s made in the air fryer.
- It’s a healthy, filling dinner.
- They’re warm and crispy and covered in flavorful spices.
- They’re easy to make and can be enjoyed as a meal or a snack.
- These are a hit with kids and adults alike!
- These tofu bites are very versatile - serve them as a snack, a meal, or even on top of your favorite salad.
- These are gluten free and the recipe does not require any cornstarch.
Equipment Needed To Make Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Mixing bowl
- Air Fryer
Ingredients For Your Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
- Firm tofu
- Almond flour
- Chickpea eggs
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground pepper
- Dried parsley
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Non-dairy milk
- Fresh parsley
- Ground pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Crispy Tofu with Vegan Ranch
To make these crispy air-fried tofu bites you'll need to start by cutting your tofu into nugget size squares. You'll want to combine the chickpea egg with the spices and then dredge your tofu bites with the mixture followed by a dip in the almond flour. Cook until crispy. Combine all the ingredients for your vegan ranch in a small bowl and serve with your tofu nuggets.
What to Serve/Pair with Your Air Fryer Tofu
If you are using these tofu bites as a meal, they pair well with veggie fries - my favorites are zucchini with garlic and parmesan. You could also pair them with sweet potato fries or onion rings. An added bonus - these can also be cooked in the air fryer! If you want something light, try pairing this recipe with some fresh, vegan coleslaw.
These air-fried tofu bites also make a great salad topping! I like to load mine up with kale and fresh veggies, then toss in oil and vinegar, or even in the homemade vegan ranch from this recipe! Because these bites will last for up to 5 days in the fridge, you can enjoy them several different ways throughout the week.
Are you craving something sweet after enjoying your tofu bites paired with vegan ranch? For dessert, try this recipe with a sweet, vegan chocolate cake or a vegan chocolate mousse. You can’t go wrong with chocolate! Then finish off with a cozy cup of coffee or a glass of red wine.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Switch out the ranch sauce for mustard and maple dip for a sweet and sour taste or the classic aioli mayonnaise!
- If you’re not under a keto diet, swap almond flour out for traditional breadcrumbs or even for panko crumbs for a crispier texture.
How To Reheat & Store Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
This crispy air fryer tofu will last in the fridge for up to 5 days if stored in an air-tight container. To reheat, you can either microwave it for 2 minutes (until warm) or pop it back into the air fryer to maintain the crispy texture.
You can also freeze these air-fried tofu bites. Store them in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 4 weeks. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Vegan Ranch FAQs
How is air frying healthy?
This is a method of frying that involves no fatty grease. It’s basically just cooking food with hot air so that the outside is crispy. You get the yummy taste and texture of the fried food without the grease and fat.
What makes firm tofu better than soft tofu for this recipe?
The firm tofu has most of the water squeezed out of it, making it different from soft tofu. This gives you more of a nugget texture, and it holds up well in the air fryer.
Does it matter what kind of plant-based milk I use?
Nope! This is a personal preference. You can use the non-dairy milk of your choice. I usually go with soy milk, but you could also use almond or coconut.
Other Vegan Tofu Recipes You’ll Love
- BROCCOLI TOFU QUICHE
- VEGAN FRIED RICE RECIPE WITH SCRAMBLED TOFU
- VEGAN BANH MI SANDWICH WITH SPICY TOFU
- VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How You Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets with Vegan Ranch Turned Out!
Vegan Air-Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 chickpea eggs (3 tbsp chickpea flour +3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1 small lemon juiced
- Chop tofu in about ½inch squares.
- Whisk chickpea egg with smoked paprika, salt, ground pepper and dried parsley.
- Use this mix to coat each piece of tofu.
- Coat with almond flour.
- Place tofu bites in a heated Air Fryer without overlapping them to assure perfect cooking (it took me two rounds to have them all done).
- I cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, follow your own Air Fryer directions if needed.
- For the ranch sauce, place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse to a smooth texture.
- Serve tofu nuggets with ranch sauce and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Use these tofu nuggets as a snack or with your favourite salad.
- Change the ranch sauce for mustard and maple dip for a sweet and sour taste or the classic aioli mayonnaise!
- If you’re not under a keto diet swap almond flour out for traditional breadcrumbs or even for panko for a crispier texture.
Leave a Reply