Air Fryer Sticky Mushroom Rice will knock your socks off. This sweet and spicy sauce to toss with Jasmine rice is fast and easy. There’s a skillet option too!
Air Fryers are my new passion. Yes, I still love slow cookers and I have a beautiful Instant Pot waiting in the wings but the Air Fryer has my full attention at the moment.
A couple of weeks ago I showed you a new recipe for Air Fried Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry and it has gone bonkers on the internet.
There is also high expectation going on around our house for Air Fryer Sticky Mushroom Rice too. So so good!
Things happen fast with an air fryer so you can’t walk away like you can with a slow cooker but you’ll benefit from the same safety features.
The ones like making it much harder to burn your food or yourself. It all just seems so much easier.
Jasmine rice is used as the base for this spicy sweet sauce. A wonderful multi-layered sauce filled with baby portabella mushrooms. You don’t even have to cut them up.
Cremini mushrooms are the same thing if you haven’t had them before. It’s a mushroom with substance!
Air Fryer Sticky Mushroom Rice only takes minutes from beginning end and you’ll have a flavorful new side dish. You’ll want to make over and over again. I sure do!
Can You Cook This Air Fryer Sticky Mushroom Rice in a Skillet?
If you don’t have an Air Fryer you can do this dish in a skillet also.
Precook the jasmine rice and set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
Mix the next 6 ingredients and pour over the mushrooms. Add the peas and cook 5 more minutes.
Let’s Get Connected!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Air Fryer Sticky Mushroom Rice
- 16 ounces jasmine rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup soy sauce you can use gluten free tamari
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons white wine you can use rice vinegar
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms wiped clean, you can cut any huge mushrooms in half
- 1/2 cup peas frozen
- Start your rice now so that it will be done and hot at the same time as the sauce.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients together and set aside..
- Place the mushrooms in the air fryer. If you can set your degrees - set it to 350 degrees. Otherwise just turn it on. My Air Fryer temp is built in and always cooks at 338 degrees. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer, if you don't have one that stirs itself, pull out the pot and shake.
- Pour the liquid mixture and peas over the top of the mushrooms. Stir and cook 5 more minutes.
- Pour the mushroom/pea sauce over the pot of rice and stir. Serve.
Also, don’t miss out on this super fast and flavorful cauliflower side dish. It is Air Fryer Spicy Cauliflower Stir Fry and is amazing!