Two Bean Camp Chili has deep rich flavors of a homemade tomato sauce that thickens as the big pot of chili cooks.
Two Bean Camp Chili is a year round chili. It will warm you up in the winter and make for a fun barbecue side dish in the summer. We also have a kind of a gringo Cinco de Mayo around here so this is also served for the fiersta .
I am getting more and more excited as summer draws near. It has been years since we have been able to take off on an extended vacation. Mother lived with us for six years, until she passed, and then Ed was ailing in one way or another. But this year, it feels like we have graduated and are ready to hit the world running.
This week I have just started to get organized in the meal department. There is a list of about 15 recipes that we can make outside on a grill or over a grated open fire. This chili is one of them. I can’t wait!!!
Don’t get me wrong. There is a little single cup Keurig and microwave in our 16 foot trailer but that will just make it easier to heat up this chili for the next night. I repeat, I can’t wait!!!
Two Bean Camp Chili
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 green chili pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1 can 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 1 can 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and both kinds of peppers.
- Saute for 10 to 15 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the the diced garlic and the spices. Cook a minute.
- Add both kinds of beans, broth, tomato pure and salt. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to medium low and cook 30 minutes until the chili has thickened.
- Serve topped with chopped avocado and ground cashews.
The chili will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.