Bread is my downfall. It’s not sweets or spicy but breads. I love that there are so many different varieties too whether there is yeast or not the assortment seem endless. Well, happily I have just added Sweet Coconut Cream Scones to my biscuit/scones list. I think you will really like them. The scones are light and made with coconut cream. Doesn’t that sound good? They are all gone at our house but as I am writing this sentence I have vowed to make them again this week. I hope you get to too.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the cream stirring until just moistened.
- Add a little bit more flour if it seems way too sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll the dough to a 1/2 thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with the melted butter.
- Bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy.
IF FREEZING FOR THE FUTURE: Only bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on a rack and freeze in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/ When you want to serve them. Take out of the freezer a couple of hours before you want to finish baking. Bake at 425° for another 5 to 6 minutes. Serve. You may also freeze them if you bake the scones completely - the first time around. They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.