Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Tortilla Rollups has layers of flavor and texture that only takes 15 minutes to prepare. Healthy appetizer that everyone loves.
So, we are on our road trip and are driving along looking at the scenery. Hopefully, we will be in Maine all week. I am trying to spy moose but, of course, as the miles roll by I am also trying to think of something easy to prepare to eat that won’t heat up the camper. Food does not get far from my mind. I do most of the planning for meals and Ed does most of the hooking and unhooking of the trailer and I like it that way. It makes it all so much easier. Especially when you’re in a 16′ trailer.
My mind also tends to stray towards appetizers. So many times they are also perfect for lunches or side dishes. So I thought of this and than and then – Guess what – Nailed it! Rollups with a mix of tasty ingredients. We pulled in to a grocery store so I had time to get them tested for the blog too. They turned out great and I even got some pictures taken. Since they are easy to pack these would be perfect on a casual holiday or piled high on a plate while you watch any sports game.
You can add finely diced red onion but I kept the recipe so that very picky eaters would like them too. Also you can pile on the fresh spinach a couple of layers thick if you are looking for heftier appetizers. These are perfect for one big bite or two normal bites and the flavor combination is all there. Homemade vegan cream cheese is amazing but you could cut that step and buy a pre-made one.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Tortilla Rollups is a mouthful to say and a truly delicious mouthful to enjoy.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Tortilla Rollups
- 1 pack of 10 or 12 - 10" tortillas
- 16 ounce dairy-free cream cheese
- 6 ounce to 8 jar sun dried tomato pesto
- 10 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- If you have enough counter space - assembly line is a very fast way to prepare these appetizers.
- Spread a layer of dairy free cream cheese on the tortilla.
- Thinly spread of layer of sun-dried tomato pesto on top of the cream cheese.
- Lay a single layer of baby lettuce all over that last layer. Go two deep if you like.
- Start at one edge and roll up snug.
- Use a toothpick or two or three to hold the tortilla closed as you cut.
- Cut slices about one inch thick.
- Serve and enjoy!