Slow Cooker Pearl Couscous Soup is one of those treasures that is full of healthy, tasty and spicy ingredients. So easy too. The Crock Pot can be a savior.
Bring it on! I can take all the cold weather you can throw at me if I have some delicious warm soups or chilies to warm me up from the inside out.
Slow Cooker Pearl Couscous Soup is is full of texture and taste with the added ease of being able to be made in the crock~pot.
This brings me to another subject – My husband. He is a creature of routine and a reveler in ‘things remaining the same’.
Ed has no security in this house. A plate of food may be coming his way but it very well may be a dish that he has never tried. I guess I know how to make a great bowl of soup though because he is always at ease when he sees the soup coming. This one is an absolute keeper.
20 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 20 Total Time
- Heat the vegan butter in a skillet.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and carots in the skillet.
- Saute until the onions become translucent, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sauteed veggies to the crock pot.
- Put the remaining ingredients (NOT the couscous) into the Crock Pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in the couscous at the end of cooking time. Leave on the slow cooker and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Check the couscous for tenderness - it will have absorbed some of the liquid.
- All done and delicious.
Let cool to room temperature.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
The night of serving - Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. You can add more broth if you think it is too thick.
Ready to serve.