Maple Glazed Walnuts from the Slow Cooker are so easy to make. The result is maple sweet candied walnuts that would be a gift of love for anyone.
Maple Glazed Walnuts from the Slow Cooker are so easy to make. The result is maple sweetened candied walnuts that would be a gift of love for anyone.
I usually serve these in a bowl for people to scoop a few for a snack or appetizer but they are also great sprinkled over ice cream such as my Biscoff Ice Cream or tossed in a big bowl of salad.
5 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 5 Total Time
- [img src="http://veganinthefreezer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/slow-Cooker-Maple-Glazed-Walnuts-Overhead.jpg"]
- Put the vegan butter, syrup and vanilla extract in a [url rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-33015Y-2-Quart-Cooker/dp/B0002CA3C6/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=slow%20cooker&linkCode=ur2&qid=1384396149&sr=8-8&tag=veinthfr0a-20"]Slow Cooker[/url][img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=veinthfr0a-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /].
- Turn on low and melt the vegan butter. This only takes a few minutes.
- Mix in the walnuts and mix from the bottom so all of the coating is all over the walnuts and not on the bottom of the pot.
- Cook on low 1 hour then stir. Cook another one half hour to one hour more.
- Turn out onto a baking sheet and let cool - completely.
- Pack in an airtight container. The walnuts will keep in your pantry for quite a few weeks and will keep in the fridge about 2-3 months. The freezer will store them for 6 months.
- I have also done this with pecans and almonds and they are equally delicious.
Please follow any of the directions defined in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of freezer and put in the refrigerator or set on the counter. The walnuts are ready to eat almost immediately.