Wake up to Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal. Throw it all in the crockpot in less than 5 minutes and when you get up the morning drizzle on a little maple syrup.
Wouldn’t you like a nice warm healthy breakfast waiting for you when you wake up in morning? Me too!
Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal takes under 5 minutes to put together and you wake up to heaven in the morning. Geez, I think I am going to make this again tonight.
Use the steel cut type of oatmeal because it really is ‘the best’. You can double the recipe and even freeze individual servings with maple syrup drizzled on top.
4 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 4 Total Time
- To the slow cooker - add the oatmeal, water and cinnamon.
- Stir well and cook on low for no more than 8 hours.
- If you have a timer on your crock pot and you can set the start time - that would be great. That is in case you want to sleep in and don't want to overcook the oatmeal.
- Double the recipe if you like!
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle maple syrup over the top
. You can add soy milk or almond milk if your wish. Chopped apple sprinkled on top would be good too.
If you've made extra it will keep in the fridge for three days. If you made extra for freezing - after the oatmeal has cooled you may freeze it in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
To defrost - put into the refrigerator the night before and warm through in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds.