Real Baked Rice Pudding is easy and also a comfort food with a mild sweetness and creamy texture. A classic that your whole family will love.
Real Baked Rice Pudding is easy and also a comfort food with a mild sweetness and creamy texture. Rice Pudding is not usually attempted because it takes a long time to bake. I mean a loonnngg time.
You need to stick around when things are in the oven so pick a time when you are going to be at home. If you have never made rice pudding – please give this a try. It is a classic that everyone should be able to make and it would be so nice to make this for your family.
You will love it too. A snack or a dessert in which there is no guilt.
15 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 15 Total Time
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
- This is so easy -
- Next pour in the almond milk, rice, raisins, all the spices and the vanilla.
- Mix it in the dish. I use my fingers and spread the rice over the bottom as evenly as I can.
- Dot the vegan butter over the top.
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Check it at 2-1/2 hours and see if it is the creamy moisture that you like. See if the rice is done. You may bake it longer if you think it is still too wet.
- At the end of baking there will be a baked 'crust' on the top of the casserole. You just remix it all in the casserole and serve warm or cold.
You can pour more milk over the top too. People eat it both ways. This will not freeze - if is for eating within about 4 to 5 days. Yum!