Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake Brownies are the best of four worlds. Rich chocolate brownies with a creamy chocolate peanut butter cupcake frosting.
Chocolate is my nemesis. Not in the way that you think because I can conquer any form of chocolate and whip it into a tasty and beautiful presentation. Chocolate is beautiful in a slab or in a bowl but not so beautiful on my clothes. I think I have had chocolate on every piece of clothing that I own.
You would think that I would have ‘cooking clothes’ for my job. Not so. I dress for the day as if I was going to go out and then I go to the kitchen and get dirty. Not unlike my husband when he decides to spread elastameric on the roof in his best jeans. We have no sense.
I also can not resist chocolate. That might be part of my problem. Chocolate and peanut butter together too. Creamy, sweet and irresistible, these brownies offer the best of everything. Chocolate brownies topped with chocolate peanut butter cupcake frosting just seemed like the right thing to do. Why the heck not. It’s a mouthful – Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake Brownies and it’s the kind of mouthful you want to have!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake Brownies
For the brownies
- 2/3 cup dairy free butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar coconut sugar
- 2 dairy free eggs - you can use any type that you like - I use chia eggs - see below*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.
For the brownies
- Mix your two non-dairy eggs and set aside. Use any of your favorite.
- *A chia egg is actually made with chia seed meal/flour not the bare seed. The way you make meal/flour is by grinding the chia seed in a processor such as one for your coffee beans or a spice grinder. I use mine to strictly grind seeds so that I do not mix flavors. Grind until it is a fine meal. I do about 4 ounces at a time and keep it in a little freezer safe canning jar - in the freezer. When I need a tablespoon or so it is all ready to go.
- Melt the non-dairy butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the cocoa and instant coffee.
- Stir until well blended.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugars.
- Mix in the non-dairy eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until combined and then stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate pieces.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip over on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled cut into 16 2" squares.
For the frosting
- In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- If it seems too stiff you can add another tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with your favorite tip.
- Pipe the frosting on the top of each brownie.
- I sprinkled a little bit of ground up semi-sweet chocolate chips over the frosting.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake Brownies to the rescue!