Our Patriotic Passion Cocktail will get you in the spirit! Cool refreshing flavors with stars and raspberries. Mix it by the glass or pitcher.
Do you like to create cocktail recipes? It seems like a lot of fun to me especially when the concoction is being made for a special holiday. First comes the color scheme. Red, white and blue is challenging but to me that also adds to the fun.
Blue Curacoa is always in my cupboard but mostly because I am never sure what to do with it. So it is always there. The color is just so pretty. Finally, I get to use it! Now comes red. Red is an easy one. Whether it is juice or fruit you can easily figure in red somewhere. Since raspberries are a favorite it’s a go.
Have you had jicama? You must, must, must try it if you haven’t. It is a root vegetable but it also seems like a fruit. Slightly sweet and sort of crispy and juicy like an apple. Truly, it is one of my favorites and I often use it, as spears, to dunk in dips. Well, this time I have another chance to use it and in a very special way. I jumped at the challenge.
After you peel jicama you have a large white round shape. Slice it in thin slices (about 1/4″ thick or so) and this leaves you with slabs. Now it is the perfect medium to use with cookie cutters. Do you see where I’m going? Check out the cute little jicama stars. They are crispy cool and they turned out to be a great pairing with this refreshing Patriotic Passion Cocktail.
A couple more ingredients and you have quite a tasty drink. Does that look festive or what!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- Let's prepare the jicama first.
- Cut a jicama in half and save the other half in the fridge.
- Lay the cut side down on a cutting board.
- Use a chef's knife to cut down at an angle to cut the skin off. You will take a bit of the jicama with it but that can't be helped. Now you have a skinned jicama.
- Keep the jicama with the cut side down and make slices that are about 1/4" thick. See the photo for an idea of the thickness.
- Now push straight down with a small star cookie cutter.
- Put all of the jicama stars and pieces in a container such as a measuring cup and cover them with water. They will keep days in the fridge like this.
- Now for our cocktail.
- Mix the vodka, Blue Curacao, apple juice, lime juice together.
- It's potent!
- Fill a tall glass with ice and intersperse with a few raspberries and jicama stars.
- Pour the cocktail mix over the ice and serve with raspberries on a toothpick and a star on the rim.
- Happy holiday!