Nut Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have healthier ingredients and the cookies will become a family favorite. Fill up your cookie jar with this classic drop cookie.
It is difficult finding the right balance with treats. Allergies is an extremely hard avenue to follow. Thank goodness people are becoming more and more inventive with recipes these days. Thanks goodness for the internet too! All of these recipes are right at our fingertips.
Nut Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is also dairy free and egg free. Luckily, on the whole, allergies are very low key in our family. We do have picky eaters when it comes to certain nuts though. So, let’s just leave out the nuts.
Nothing is missed in this recipe for Nut Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and the flavor has a hint of maple. There is no maple but it comes from the coconut sugar. I just love that. Large soft and chewy cookies with chocolate here and there really makes them perfect. The little bit of texture from old fashioned oatmeal really adds a lot in the health department too.
You know what would be really pretty? One plate of cookies built into a rustic type pyramid with each layer being a different cookie. It can be just three different types but take turns with the variety. I have to try that. Whoa! That went off track. So …
How can there be so many different types of cookies? It seems like I keep thinking up new ones but then I see lots on the internet too. It is so much fun to make a variety of cookie recipes for a party, gifts, Christmas swapping or just for your own household. I freeze at least half of my cookies for the future because there are only two of us. It takes a while to get through 36 cookies so in the freezer they go. After defrosting they are just like new.
I have a couple of other cookies that you might like to try that are very different from Nut Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Peanut Butter Maple Cookies and Island Chocolate Topped Cookies are easy and diverse in texture and flavors. Chocolate makes it’s way into my recipes – a lot. What can I say?
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 egg substitutes of your choice (I used chia seed but you can use aquafaba, flax seed meal or packaged egg replacer)
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats - uncooked
- 1 cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare egg replacers and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and coconut sugar with a Hand Mixer until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the egg replacer and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- By hand, mix in the old fashioned oats and chocolate chips.
- On an ungreased Baking Sheet drop dough by heaping teaspoons full.
- Bake at 375 ° for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
TO FREEZE: You may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article How to Prepare Food for the Feezer They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.