Pizza Muffins just sound like they would be perfect for any casual get together. An improvement would be to make them mini so that they could be handled more easily. An even bigger improvement would be to mix a vegetable inside. Broccoli seemed like the right choice because it’s flavor would blend perfectly with the stronger tastes of the pizza sauce. This recipe makes 24 minis but I would recommend doubling the batch. They will go fast.
25 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Lightly oil [url target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Recipe-Right-Mini-Muffin/dp/B000SABX12/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=mini%20muffin%20tins&linkCode=ur2&qid=1376936408&sr=8-2&tag=veinthfr0a-20"]Mini Muffin Tin[/url][img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=veinthfr0a-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /] - enough for 24 muffins.
- Steam the broccoli for 15 minutes.
- Mix the eggreplacer with the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, and the spices. Mix well.
- Add the almond milk, egg replacer mixture and 1/4 cup pizza sauce and stir well.
- Fold in the cheese and cooked broccoli.
- Fill the 24 muffin tins. They will be pretty full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat the 1/2 cup pizza sauce in the microwave and serve with the muffins.
- IF FREEZING:
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Package in manner of your choice as defined in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator the day before serving.
- When serving - zap in the microwave just to take the chill off and serve with warmed pizza sauce for dunking.