Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies are sweet, crunchy and delicious. This classic is turned up a notch with a little chocolate too.
I do believe this is the Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies recipe I have seen. Peanut buttery, sweet, crunchy and delicious. Ed has become cookie obsessed. He wants me to keep them in stock at all times.
Now, he is actually a very healthy eater and in great shape which brings me to the fact that he does not eat the cookies. Maybe four or six out of 3 or 4 dozen. The rascal.
I really don’t mind and I give a lot away which makes the neighbors very happy. It challenges me to think up new recipes. Hey, maybe that is his whole idea. Did I mention there is a little chocolate too. The classic has been turned up a notch.
30 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
42 minTotal Time
- Mix the flax seed meal together with the water and set aside so it can gel.
- In a large bowl - Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make 1 balls and lay on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the bottom of a sturdy glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove to a wire rack to cook completely.
- All done and delicious.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer .
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and just set out. They defrost in no time.