Garlicky White Bean Hummus has just the right balance of garlic to enhance the flavor. Easy, healthy and inviting served with a variety of vegetables and chips.
Are you much for game day, parties, or just plain get-togethers? Me too! All of the above and in close proximity of each other.
Okay, I’ll admit Game Day is sort of an excuse for me to party. I am lucky we had the annual football parties at our house with tag football. It was fun!
We didn’t have hummus in those days. Moms go-to was refried bean dip and some sort of onion dip to go with salty potato chips. Our cudities were spread out on a tray but we just ate those fresh along with olives of all colors. I can remember dishes of nuts to. Yeah, mom was cool!
Well, hummus has become the new ‘most popular’ and you won’t be sorry serving up this quick and healthy dip. You can dip in crackers, pita triangles and veggies. Touchdown! Home Run! Score!
Garlicky White Bean Hummus
- Place the skinned garlic cloves in a food processor.
- Chop up cloves in food processor.
- Add all of the other ingredients and process to a smooth dip.
- If you are cutting down on oil you and you want to thin the dip a bit - you can add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped sun dried tomatoes over the top for garnish.
- It freezes really well so:
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
Stir before serving with crackers and/or veggies.