Cinnamon Sugar Cookies sweet goodness makes you smile as you are licking the cinnamon sugar off your lips.
The extra cinnamon in the sugar mixture is a real treat. Don’t get me wrong. I love sugar cookies as they are but with this little bit of extra coating – they become special. Every bite brings the taste over your lips and they become lip smackin’ good.
Although Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are good year round, for some reason, they seem more festive to me. Maybe because of the spices. They are reminiscent of all the pies cooked over the holidays.
So get your cutest apron on and let’s start baking!
Yields 3 dozen
15 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- Mix the topping of sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- I have a salt shaker that I keep this mixture in and it sprinkles very easily.
- Prepare the 'egg' and set aside.
- Cream the sugar with the butter, with a Hand Mixer until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, almond milk, vanilla and prepared egg replacer or flax egg.
- Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Use a Cookie Scoop and make 1" to 1-1/2" balls.
- Only put about 6 to 8 on a cookie sheet and 2" apart. They really spread.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375° for 7 minutes.
- Do not over bake because you want them nice and soft-ish on the center.
- Immediately sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the hot cookies.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
You may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.
Serving size: 1 to 2 cookies