Chocolate Mounds Candy Balls recipe is based on the Mounds Bar. Not exactly a copy-cat but surely inspired.
Chocolate Mounds Candy recipe is inspired by The Almond Joy and the Mounds Bar. So simple and you do not have to cook to any specified temperature. We are loving them and I don’t think they will make it to the freezer.
My favorite candy bar at the theater when I was young was the Mounds Bar. I read that label a lot waiting for the movie to start. The Peter Paul Company was on the label then. They started in 1929 and Hersheys bought them in 1978. I bet they made some moolah!
45 minPrep Time
45 minTotal Time
- Place a piece wax paper in a cookie sheet (baking sheet). Set aside.
- Melt the dairy free butter in the microwave. It only takes seconds.
- Mix the melted butter, powdered sugar and shredded coconut in a Large Mixing Bowl.
- Roll into about 36 balls.
- Place back into the large bowl and refrigerate for about an hour. Until firm for rolling in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate. You can use a microwave or over a hot water bath.
- Roll each ball in the chocolate, quickly, and lift with two forks. Place on the waxed paper that is on the cookie sheet.
- Fill up the pan. You may need more than one. Try not to let them touch.
- Place in the refrigerator when all done so that the chocolate can harden.
Keep them in a container in the refrigerator and place out to serve to company.