Caribbean Chili is spicy with a hint of sweetness. This recipe can be served all year because of it’s warmth in the winter and it has a summer festive vibe.
Caribbean Chili Recipe has lots of spices and herbs but is very easy to make – fun too. You feel so creative with this recipe because there are so many fresh vegetables. Just prepare your veggies and measure out the spices.
Everything blends so well together and it ends up being a spicy hot chili with just a hint of sweetness. A reward for yourself and a treat for anyone who shares it with you.
Caribbean Chili Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 ear of corn cut from the cob
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 oz . tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 oz can kidney beans 15 .
- Prepare all your vegetables.
- In a large skillet heat the oil and then add the onion and bell pepper.
- Saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add in all the spices and herbs.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and corn.
- Cook on a low simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread or crackers.