I really look forward to my ‘sweets day’ when I get to bake. It is quite a challenge being a vegan and not cooking with dairy. A challenge that I take on whole heartily because it still all tastes so good. I still havn’t conquered a cake with height and lightness but I will get there. Today I decided to make something that is both simple and sweet – Almond Butter Cookies. Only four ingredients and you get to take advantage of almond butter instead of peanut butter. Delicious!
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- I use a silpat or some such baking pad when I bake these cookies so that the bottoms don't get too dark.
- You can grease a cookie sheet if you don't have a silpat but the bottoms will be a darker color than the tan almond color.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Roll into balls.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Too Easy!
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- That's it!
- After they have cooled keep them in a cool dry place or the refrigerator or the freezer.
- TO FREEZE:
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.