Spicy Black Bean Hummus can be completed in absolute minutes. That gets you out of the kitchen and the party started at just about the same time. I am all about a party. The smallest excuse becomes an event. If a friend comes over to visit – it’s a party. A mere mention of a special day such as ‘grandparents day’ – it’s a party. I seriously can’t look at a calendar. Well, this dip is perfect for such a time. It is creamy as the original hummus we all know and love but you add in the black beans and you get more texture along with all of it’s wonderful health benefits. Serve it with your favorite chips and vegetables. Then you can enjoy it with your family and friends and get lots of complements at the same time.
- To a food processor - add both beans, chopped garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt.
- Process until it is smooth. The black beans will have itty bitty little pieces - see the photo. That just makes it better.
- You know how 'they' pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil on hummus? Well, if you like you could drizzle a Tablespoon of coconut oil over the top.
- Another very popular hummus recipe I have on the blog is Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus. Take a look and see what you think.
- IF FREEZING:
- Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- You could heat in the microwave and serve with chips and veggies of your choice. Heating is not necessary though. But ... it's good.