Sugar Snap Peas with Mint is the perfect side dish. It can be special as in an Easter brunch or you can just treat yourself and your family on any day of the week. I don’t know why but I always forget about sugar snap peas. At our local Safeway it comes packaged over by the lettuce. I must be so enamored with all the varieties of lettuce that my eyes jump over the sugar snaps. Not anymore! It is ingrained in my memory and that sweet little veggie is going to make it into our house on a regular basis. They are equally good fresh or cooked which makes them doubly enticing.
I also picked up a new magazine titled All You. Naturally, I had to thumb through it first and there were lots of fun things inside. This recipe is from that magazine and of course, being a food blogger, I had to change it a little bit. All I did was add mushrooms – just because. The recipe is simple and absolutely delicious. It cooks up in no time so you have to make it. You will thank me.
- 2 lbs. sugar snap peas, tough strings removed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Add the peas to the boiling water and bring back to a boil.
- Continue boiling until peas turn bright green, about 30 seconds.
- Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water.
- Let stand to thoroughly chill, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and spread peas out on paper towels to dry.
- This next little step is where my recipe veers from All You Magazine - it is the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and turn to medium high heat.
- Saute the mushrooms for about 10 minutes.
- Then take the pan off the burner.
- You can be doing this while your snap peas are cooling and drying.
- Just before serving, add the peas to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Also add the mint and pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook, stirring often, until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and All You Magazine, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #lifeforless http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV